2014 Krogen 55 Expedition “CHOISI”
- Listing Agent:
- Greg Kaufman
- Current Price:
- US$ 1,595,000
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Twin diesel
- Hull Material:
- Stuart, FL
Combining the proven Kadey-Krogen transoceanic full-displacement hull form along with an incredible one-level living interior, the Krogen 55' Expedition is literally a small Ship that delivers capability and comfort like no other vessel in her size range.
CHOISI was built for an experienced yachting family, specifically for extended ocean voyaging with the family. She has 3-Cabins, plus the Pilothouse can be converted into a 4th cabin as needed. The 55' offers a Huge full-beam Saloon, Dining and Galley area that is perfect for large gatherings, while her many other spaces are available if you are looking for a little quiet time. Loads of outside deck space facilitates all kinds of activities and water toys.
CHOISI's extensive equipment list includes all the right stuff for serious offshore cruising: Hydraulic Thruster, Windlass & Stabilization; Dual Radars & GPS; Satellite Communication; Water Maker; Storm Shutters; Water-Tight Bulkheads; etc. She is a proven voyager, with cruises from Alaska through the Panama Canal to the Caribbean and up the east coast to Canada and the Great Lakes in her Log. She has been expertly cared for and is turn-key ready to cruise.
Call today for an appointment to view this superb world cruising vessel.
- Hull and superstructure molds from high-grade female tooling.
- Hull mold is 2-piece for a seamless one-piece hull.
- Hull construction includes use of USA-made, Cook gel coat; Knytex (in combination with mat & Corecell) above the waterline; solid fiberglass lamination below the waterline, with blister-resistant vinylester resins utilized on first laminates.
- Impact resistant aramid fiber/FRP reinforced stern and stern bottom areas.
- Superstructure includes Knytex and mat (in combination with Corecell cores) and surface mats for print-through reduction.
- Aft cockpit is Teak laid in epoxy and vacuum bagged (no screws). Boat and fore decks have GripTex non-skid finish. Bulwark has molded plank lines with gel coat finish.
- Polyurethane formulated marine sealants used at hull-to-deck, boat deck joints and exterior fittings.
- Marine-grade plywood and foam-cored bulkheads with molded fiberglass Hat-section stringers.
- Interior finished with handcrafted solid Cherry and veneers.
One of the unique features of the KKY 55' is that the engine & machinery space is divided into 5 spaces with 4 water-tight doors separating each, allowing bow to stern access below decks. Starting aft; the Lazarette is accessible from the cockpit hatch or engine room via water-tight door; next is the Engine Room; then the air conditioned Machinery space/ work room; Battery storage room; and finally the Bow Thruster compartment. Fabulous access to all machinery!
- Engines: (2) Tier II John Deere 6068TFM75, 158HP @ 2400rpm, M1 continuous duty rated with Twin Disc 2.88:1 transmissions (2490 hours).
- Complete Maintenance Logs.
- Sound insulation: Pyrotek, Sorberflex with perforated aluminum.
- Shafts: (2) Aquamet 22, 2" diameter with Prop Protector line cutters.
- Shaft Seal: (2) Tides Dripless.
- Propellers: (2) Hung Shen bronze, 4-bladed, 31" X 19" - reconditioned 2018 with certifications.
- Rudders: (2) Stainless steel with protective shoe.
- Generator: 16KW Northern Lights with sound shield and water/exhaust separator (3527 hours).
- PTOs (3) for hydraulics on gen-set & both main engines.
- Bilge Pumps: (6) Rule @ 3700 gal/hr with Ultra high water alarm at (2) stations.
- Emergency Bilge Pump: (2) tied into the raw water intake on each engine.
- Muffler: (2) Fiberglass water-lift.
- Engine Room ventilation system - Man Ship 11" intake & exhaust fans with moisture eliminator and variable speed controls.
- Steering: Teleflex hydraulic.
- Controls: ZF Mathers Cruise Command electronic (3 stations).
- Fuel Tanks: (4) aluminum with sight gauges and large inspection plates (1880 Gals).
- Fuel Filters: Dual Racor with vacuum gauge for both engines & generator.
- ABT TRAC digital stabilizers with 9 sq/ft fins and touch pad control.
- ABT 22hp hydraulic bow thruster with 3 station controls.
- Maxwell 3500HWC hydraulic horizontal windlass with dual wheels, vertical warping drum and handheld remote.
- Reverso Oil Change system for engines, generator & gears.
- ESI CFS-1000FR Fuel Polishing system with custom manifold.
- Sea Fire FD-1150M extinguishing system with auto engine shut down system, manual pull cable and panel mounted display alarms.
- Machinery space Air Conditioning 24K BTU.
- Frigibar chest freezer in machinery space.
- LED lighting in all compartments.
- Many spares, including coolant pumps, cutlass bearing, shaft-seal housing, lights, etc.
- Electrical Panels: 120/240-volt AC and 12/24-volt DC, with tinned copper wiring and circuit breakers. Separate cabinet provides access to all labeled connections.
- Battery Boxes: Fiberglass in separate forward battery storage room.
- Batteries: Lifeline AGM; (4) 12-volt in series for 24-volt engine starting; (2) 12-volt wired in series for 24-volt generator starting; (16) 6-volt 300Ah wired in series for 24-volt ships service. All batteries NEW in 2017!
- Battery Charger: Charles 60 amp.
- Inverter/Charger: Magnum 4000 watt inverter, 105 amp charger with remote panel.
- Alternators: (2) Balmar 190 amp, 24-volt with external regulators.
- Water Piping: copper, insulated.
- Dockside water pressure regulator inlets (2) Jabsco - fwd & aft.
- Pressure Water System: Johnson variable speed 24-VDC and Headhunter 120-VAC fresh water pumps.
- Water Heater: Torrid 30 Gal with engine heat exchanger.
- Water Tanks: (2) stainless steel, 250 Gal each with site guages.
- Holding Tank: fiberglass 140 Gal with Sealand discharge pump and TankManager control.
- Gray Water Tank: fiberglass 140 Gal with Sealand discharge pump, Whale manual pump and TankManger control.
- CO Detectors: (5) Vimar.
- Doors: Diamond Sea Glaze weather-tight welded aluminum, double doors in Saloon, (2) Dutch opening in Pilothouse.
- Windows: Diamond Sea Glaze powder coated aluminum, (5) fixed, (13) sliding with screens.
- Bow Eye: 316L stainless steel for anchor snubber attachment just above waterline.
- Emergency Tiller with deck access plate.
- Fueling Stations with spill prevention boxes.
- Glendinning Cablemaster with 75', 50 amp cord and handheld remote.
- Marinco 50 amp power inlet forward.
- (2) Charles Isolation Transformers 50Amp.
- (2) Marinco TV/Phone inlets - fwd & aft.
- All interior & exterior lighting is LED.
- Village Marine Stowaway 800 GPD water maker with auto flush.
- CruisAir reverse cycle Air Conditioning/heat Systems with SMXht controls. Pilothouse: 24K BTU / Saloon & Galley: 24K BTU / Master: 16K BTU / Guest Cabins: 7K BTU each / Machinery space: 24K BTU.
- Hurricane H2L 50K BTU Hydronic diesel heating system with air handlers & controls in Master S/R, Guest S/Rs, Saloon and Pilothouse. Windshield Defrost in Pilothouse.
CHOISI features a huge full-width Saloon with large L-shaped settee and expanding Cherry dinning table to port. Two comfortable leather lounge chairs are to starboard and large opening windows all around give fabulous views. Double opening doors allow the fully covered cockpit (back porch) to add additional living space. Complete Chef's Galley is integrated just forward of the Saloon, this keeps the cooks (yes, will accommodate multiple cooks) in touch with the guests.
- (2) Ekornes Stressless Recliners - Ambassador Chair & Ottoman with Walnut frame and Batick Upholstery in Cream Leather.
- Large L-Shaped Ultrasuede Settee.
- Cherry Hi-Lo dinning table with fold-out top.
- Double Aluminum water-tight doors to cockpit with invisible retracting screen system.
- Storage below settee.
- Cherry Valances over windows.
- Roth & Tompkins Clipper drapes.
- Traversing drapery sheers in saloon & galley add privacy and keep heat out.
- Custom bookcase/storage unit to starboard with granite counter top and 3-drawer pantry cabinets adds tons of storage.
- TV lift with remote control and 42" TV.
- Intervac RMH 583 central vacuum system.
- Custom 8' X 10" area rug.
- Custom fit carpets in galley, hallway, staterooms and pilothouse.
- One-level Breakfast Bar/Galley counter top with (2) 26" bar stools opens galley to saloon.
- Granite counter tops & stainless steel double sink.
- Viking 4 burner propane stove & oven.
- Jenn-Air double door S/S refrigerator/freezer.
- Icemaker in the freezer.
- Frigibar chest freezer (in machinery space).
- GE Microwave/convection oven S/S.
- GE Dishwasher S/S.
- Pull-out trash and recycle bins.
- Fully Covered "back porch" adds living space in all weather conditions.
- Full Cockpit isinglass enclosure for all seasons use
- Full Cockpit screen enclosure for summer use.
- Transom door access to Swim Platform with folding ladder and (2) custom 18" S/S hand rails on transom.
- Twin full-height side boarding gates.
- Stairway with sliding hatch allows access to boat deck.
- Hot & Cold stern shower.
- (4) Teak deck chairs with navy Sunbrella cushions and 36" teak deck table.
Master Stateroom is forward with Island Queen berth, dressing seats, 2 large overhead hatches, opening ports, huge under-berth storage compartment, drawers and hanging locker.
- One-level living, with only one step into master cabin.
- Asko Full-size Washer and separate Dryer.
- Separate A/C zone with 16K BTU unit.
- Diesel hydronic heat air handler and control.
- Furuno RD33 digital display for anchor/weather watch.
- Island Queen bed with innerspring mattress uses standard Queen linens.
- Pneumatic lift struts on bed platform provide easy access to huge under-berth storage compartment.
- (2) large overhead hatches with screens & blackout shades.
- (4) opening port lights with custom blackout shades.
- Custom fit carpet.
- Isotherm 30 Safe.
- In-suite Master Head features a separate shower with bi-fold door.
- (2) opening port lights.
- Custom expanded head storage cabinet.
- Dometic Masterflush household size fresh water toilet.
- Granite counter top.
- Ventilation fan.
CHOISI was custom designed with two, almost identical guest cabins to starboard. Each features a single 6'4" twin fixed berth, single folding Pullman berth, storage lockers, wall mirror and desk.
- Privacy for guests or crew.
- Custom innerspring mattresses.
- (2) 18" desk stools.
- Custom fit carpet.
- Just across from entrance to guest head.
- Large window brightens each cabin with black-out shade.
- Separate AC units & heat controls.
- Custom larger guest head features a separate shower with bi-fold door.
- Dometic MasterFlush household size freshwater toilet.
- Granite counter top.
- Head Ventilation fan
The KKY 55' Expedition offers a magnificent 2nd level, 360 degree Pilothouse for the ultimate in quiet voyaging and uninterrupted views. Opening windows with screens and Dutch water-tight doors allow the outside in on nice days. Separate AC unit and diesel Hydronic heat control keeps the P/H comfy in any weather.
- (2) Diamond Sea Glaze Dutch opening water tight doors (repainted 2017).
- (2) Stidd Ultra-leather high back helm chairs.
- Ultrasuede Settee with storage under - converts to double berth.
- Custom fit carpet.
- Teak Ship's wheel.
- Overhead handrails.
- Large Electronics console.
- Rudder angle indicator.
- Ritchie 5" Globemaster compass.
- ABT Trac Stabilizer touch pad controls.
- (3) Imtra Exalto Windshield Wipers with washing system.
- ACR Remote Control Spotlight - mast mounted.
- Overhead LED lights, red/white combination.
- HP printer/copier/scanner.
- Fusion AM/FM/Satellite stereo receiver.
- Chart drawers.
- Custom hanging file drawers.
- Loads of storage cabinet space.
- Portuguese Bridge forward with storage cabinets behind, provides safe passageway around pilothouse deck.
- Wing Control docking stations on both sides with navy Sunbrella covers. Stbd has rudder control.
- 2nd Level Boarding gates for high fixed docks.
- Custom welded S/S deck & bow railings - 42" high for safe sea duty.
- Custom O/B motor storage bracket.
- Bow pulpit with (2) anchor rollers & drain trough.
- Maxwell 3500HWC hydraulic windlass with remote.
- Delta 110# & Supermax Anchors with 400' 1/2" chain on one and 200' 1/2" chain & 300' 3/4" nylon on other - single & dual anchor Snubbers.
- Lunch hook anchor with rode.
- Chain/rode counter.
- Watertight Freeman deck hatch for access to chain locker.
- Redundant Shore Power & TV/Phone inlets fwd & aft.
- (2) Fresh water bibs - fwd & aft.
- Salt water wash down - fwd.
- Radar/Antenna Mast.
- Custom 2nd short Mast for Great Lakes travel - 18'6" air draft (not mounted ).
- Steelhead ES 1250 Davit with 4-function control.
- Kahlenberg air horns with auto fog whistle.
- Outside Summer Kitchen with propane grill, sink, hot & cold water.
- Propane locker with (2) 20lb aluminum tanks.
- Stur-Dee 12' Amesbury Dory tender with 9.8 Tohatsu electric start O/B.
- Varnished Teak Cap Rails with navy Sunbrella covers.
- Custom boat deck Sun Awning covers entire aft deck.
- Custom foredeck Sun Shade keeps boat cool in Tropics.
- Pilothouse window Sun covers.
- 6-man Life Raft with its own EPIRB - recertified 2017.
- Auto EPIRB - recertified 2017.
- Lexan Storm Shutters for opening windows.
- LED exterior foredeck night lighting - blue.
- LED exterior walkway lighting - white/blue.
- Aft boat deck spotlight.
- (4) Leather fender hooks.
- (4) Taylor 15 X 41 fenders.
- (2) Custom Sunbrella seat cushions fwd with protective covers.
- (2) Custom 18" stainless steel grab rails on transom for safety on swim platform.
- (3) New Krogen design dock lines 2018.
- (2) Furuno MFD12 NavNet 3D Color Display.
- Furuno GP330B GPS/WAAS NEMA 2000 Sensor.
- Furuno DRS6A 4' Open Array 6kw, 64 mile Digital Radar.
- Furuno DRS4D 4kw, 36mile Digital Radome.
- Furuno GP33 GPS/WAAS Navigator with 4.3" color LCD.
- Furuno NAV700 NavPilot Auto Pilot with 10024 24V Pump.
- Furuno RD33 Digital Multi-Function Display.
- (2) Icom M604B VHF radios.
- Furuno DFF1 Network Sounder with Digital Filtering.
- Furuno HUB101 Dedicated InterSwitch Hub.
- Furuno BBWX2 Weather Receiver.
- Furuno FA50 AIS BlackBox Class B.
- Martron MAR-WIND Ultrasonic Wind/Weather.
- Furuno RD33 Multi-Function Display - in Master Stateroom.
- Furuno RD33 Multi-Function Display - in Saloon.
- ACR RCL100 Remote Control Spotlight 200K candela.
- 17" LCD CCTV Display.
- CCTV-Quad Color Quad Camera Processor & switcher.
- OCE-2020VZD DeckScan Waterprooof Variable Zoom Day/Night Camera.
- (2) OCE-2020FW DeckScan Waterproof Fixed Wide Angle Day/Night.
- IR Camera mounted on mast.
- WAV-EC-HP HotSpot Amplifier.
- COM-WIFI8 AV55BI 8' Antenna.
- (2) WAPC3N Pakedge High Throughput wireless access point.
Wireless Cell AMP System:
- Wilson 850/1900MHz 75dB Dual Band Amplifier.
- COM-CELL8 Dual Band 8' Antenna.
Satellite Systems & Entertainment:
- KVH-M5GYRO TracVision M5 w/ GyroTrac - software upgrade 2017.
- KVH-H24 DirectTV H24 HDTV Receiver w/ IR Remote.
- KVH-M7 Satphone system with phone - software upgrade 2017.
- Samsung LED40 HDTV.
- Samsung BD-D5700 Blu-ray Disc Player.
- Fusion MS-IP700 Marine Stereo Sirius ready, new 2017.
Bronze bell, Chelsea clocks & barometers in saloon & pilothouse, stern tie reel, inflatable fenders, HBI inflatable dinghy, artwork, tools and personal items excluded.
External LinksCHOISI video tour Last Revised: Feb 03, 2019
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Contact Greg Kaufman for more information on this yacht at 410-703-9462 or via Email: email@example.com
Contact Kadey-Krogen Yachts.
|610 NW Dixie Highway |
Stuart, FL 34994United States